Are you sick of living with bad breath? Good news: you don’t have to! Treating your bad breath is as simple as implementing the right dental hygiene habits. Try the five below for fresher breath.
- Scraping your tongue. Have you ever used a tongue scraper? Tongue scrapers remove odor-causing build-up from your tongue. Though we recommend tongue scrapers, brushing your tongue with your toothbrush can have the same effect.
- Rinsing with mouthwash. Mouthwashes can destroy bacteria and mask your breath temporarily. But because this is just a quick fix, you’ll have to clean your mouth sooner or later if you want to address the root cause of the problem.
- Brushing twice daily. The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends brushing your teeth at least twice daily. If you have bad breath, brushing will help improve your breath by dislodging odor-causing food particles and plaque.
- Flossing once daily. Alongside the recommendation to brush twice daily, the ADA recommends flossing between your teeth at least daily. Flossing will remove hard-to-reach debris that can cause plaque and bacteria build-up, which in turn create odors in the mouth.
- Visiting our office. If you’re experiencing halitosis in Fircrest, Washington, Dr. Phuong Nguyen can help you. Schedule your next appointment with Tacoma Washington Dentist by calling right now. We’re ready to help you experience fresher breath!